Wednesday, October 19, 2011

an evening in d.c. via instagram

On Saturday, after we went to the Farmers Market and ran some errands, we headed downtown for an evening in DC. It was my first Caps game of the season (we are season ticket holders, but we split the tickets with friends) and we got downtown early enough to grab a bite to eat and a few drinks ahead of time.

Metro:
metro
Cowgirl Creamery:
cowgirl creamery

Chocolate Egg Cream + Sandwiches:
chocolate egg cream + sandwiches

DC:
washington, dc

Mai Tai:
mai tai

Cranes:
cranes

Verizon Center:
verizon center

Rock the Red:
caps

Overpriced beer that tastes like dishwater (but I still drink it anyway):
beer

Ella's (our favorite place for post-game refreshments and awesome pizza):
ella's

More beer:
beer

As I was taking this, a friend of ours told Larry to "smile with your butt":
"smile with your butt"
The End.

4 comments:

Lauren Drugan said...

Beautiful photos! I love the feel of them. Sounds like a great evening!

Becky said...

I've never been to a hockey game - it's my goal to get tickets to a Caps game for the hubz and me sometime!

What a great night!

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Oh Becky - hockey is so fun. I am not a fan of watching other sports (I hate football b/c it means Larry spends all fall/winter in front of the tv) and baseball is a total snoozefest, but I love watching hockey. It's fast-paced and there are fights - what's not to love?!

Anonymous said...

i love ellas!