Tuesday, September 17, 2013

week in the life | friday

week in the life | friday
I'm not fully awake until I have my morning OJ.

week in the life | friday
Constant kitchen battle. The freaking tupperwares always win.

week in the life | friday
Put on my swimsuit, t-shirt, and track pants. Looking forward to making up for yesterday's missed swim. (I like to swim twice a week, and would ultimately like to go three times a week.)

week in the life | friday
Larry ends up taking a morning conference call from home. Afterwards he asks me to drive him to the metro. (We only have one car.) Hey, what about my swim?! Go outside and look up - what a gorgeous day!

week in the life | friday
On the way home from dropping Larry off, I stop at Home Depot to pick up some spray poly and a houseplant. Maybe I'll go to the pool now? But I have to head home first to pick up my gym bag.

week in the life | friday
Did I mention it's gorgeous? It's getting late - for some reason, I only like to swim in the mornings even though my schedule is flexible enough to go to the pool in the afternoons. I decide the weather is too beautiful to spend time at an indoor pool and that I should take advantage of my own backyard.

week in the life | friday
Work on a project in the backyard.

week in the life | friday
Someone knocks on the door. Banjo makes sure he'll never make that mistake again. Notice his "butt ruffle" is up.

week in the life | friday
Put my new plant in a pot.

week in the life | friday
Lunchtime. Leftover egg salad on the porch, while perusing the weekend's movie schedule. Maybe we'll go to the movies this weekend?

week in the life | friday
Banjo hangs out with me as I work on my project in the backyard. This is one of my favorite things that he does: lounge on the back porch with his paw/s hanging over the top step. Cute porch pup!

week in the life | friday
Package up more shop orders.

week in the life | friday
Head out for more errands. Still gorgeous out. Can't stop staring at the sky. Unfortunately, I forget that DC rush hour traffic starts mid-afternoon on Friday and it takes me an HOUR to travel the 8 miles from Falls Church to Fairfax. D'oh!

week in the life | friday
At the freaking grocery store for the third time this week. This time, I go to Wegman's. I'm in search of the fish that I couldn't find at Whole Foods. I buy some trout, ingredients for the weekend, and can't resist the temptation of the Wegman's bakery. Also, I am still wearing my swimsuit.

week in the life | friday
Home again. Two puppies in the windows. Sprayer still on the front porch.

week in the life | friday
Welcoming committee.

week in the life | friday
Unpack the groceries with the predators. Hooray for floor meat!

week in the life | friday
Plan the weekend meals. Do some work, wait for Larry to get home. Pretty sure I did more dishes and laundry this day, too, but am so over photographing it. And yes, I'm still wearing my swimsuit. WTF, day?

week in the life | friday
We cook dinner together. Larry chops garlic and ginger and cooks the fish while I make sweet and sour sauce and cook the veg.

week in the life | friday
Friday night dinner: Crispy Fish with Sweet and Sour Sauce and sugar snap peas.

week in the life | friday
We retreat to the sofa after dinner to watch a movie. At this point, I have finally changed out of my swimsuit and directly into PJs. We spend an hour watching movie previews and still can't decide on one.

week in the life | friday
So we watch an episode of Orange Is The New Black instead.

week in the life | friday
Before bed, I whip up a batch of chocolate butter for a weekend treat. Bring on the weekend!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Great pics again. Chocolate butter sounds and looks delish. I love that you had your swimsuit on all day - that's like me!

iHanna said...

Great photos! Love the different perspectives (above, below, from the side etc) that you pick - makes the photos very alive and fun!