Thursday, April 14, 2011

blueberries and onions

That sounds like a vomit-inducing combination, doesn't it?
Blueberries and Onions - block prints
Luckily, I'm not talking about a recipe, I'm talking about two new prints. (New art - finally! Both prints are available in my shop. )

I'm really into the art of food lately - and I'm always into bold, geometric patterns. I'm obsessed with the form of the onion - they're so beautiful to cut into. I used to hate onions, but luckily I got over that, considering they're in just about every recipe we make.

This print is entitled Silver Onions. Each onion was printed individually - twenty of them in neat rows on an 11x14 piece of crisp white Bristol board. The metallic silver ink is really stunning. (I'm planning to print them in gold, too, once I get some gold ink.) This might be my favorite print so far!
Silver Onions - block print
Silver Onions - block print
Silver Onions - block print
Silver Onions - block print
And of course I love blueberries - I've written about that many times. Sure, blueberries are cute, but I love how they create a really modern graphic when arranged in a repetitive pattern.. This 8x10 print is entitled Thirty-Five Blueberries, and yes, each blueberry was printed individually.
Thirty-Five Blueberries - block print
DSC_1327 ES crop
Thirty-Five Blueberries - block print
Thirty-Five Blueberries - block print

No comments: