Tuesday, December 28, 2010

christmas eve

Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve
We had Christmas Eve dinner at my mother's house.

This is my beautiful mama.
Christmas Eve
And here she is giving me the finger for taking her photo while she is wearing a dishrag as an apron.
Christmas Eve
We opened gifts.
Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve
Lucy was the most enthusiastic about the presents.
Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve
She also hoards chew sticks. See the chew stick in the bottom right of her bed? That's actually a pen.
Christmas Eve
Mom baked me a birthday cake. She never lets a birthday go by without cake!
Christmas Eve
Then we headed back to our house bearing gifts for the pups. They snatched the gifts from my hands as soon as I got them out of the bag.
Christmas Eve
Gravy got a squirrel. Banjo got a skunk. They loved them.
Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve
Then Larry and I realized that neither of us had wrapped our presents to each other yet. All we wanted to do was sit by the fire and relax. So we sat on opposite sides of the couch and wrapped into the early hours of the morning.

Gravy helped.
Christmas Eve
I had the dog presents in a box sitting behind me on the couch. Guess who found them?
Christmas Eve
Presents! I want them!
Christmas Eve
I'll just stand here and rest my eyes until the presents are ready.
Christmas Eve
Larry finished wrapping and I busted Banjo snuggling him on the other side of the couch...
Christmas Eve
And whispering sweet nothings in his ear.
Christmas Eve
Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments: