Monday, December 27, 2010

32

Thursday was my birthday.

The day started with a vivid dream about giving birth and ended with a (tiny) hangover.

Somehow I turned 32. Still not sure how that happened. On the upside, I actually got carded at dinner, so I'll let myself believe that I can still pass for 20...

Larry made me French toast for breakfast.
french toast
And spoiled me with gifts...
birthday present!
Sparkly gifts...
birthday present!
And champagne.
champagne
I got a surprise in the mail from a friend.
birthday surprise
And hung out with my favorite boys.
my pups
my boys
We went to Old Town Alexandria to walk around.
old town alexandria
And check out the Christmas decorations (and finish our Christmas shopping).
old town alexandria
And stuff our faces with cupcakes.
cupcakes
My mother stopped by with more gifts. Gravy helped me open them. (He was practicing for Christmas.)
paper shredder
paper shredder
Then we went to Cafe Atlantico for dinner. I drank a fantastic Passion Fruit Martini infused with ginger-jalapeno vodka. Spicy!
cafe atlantico
We stuffed our faces with guacamole.
cafe atlantico
After dinner we went to Eat Bar.
eat bar
eat bar
And I drank a boozy pepperminty hot chocolate. And some wine. And some beer.
eat bar
32. Holy shit.

2 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

Happy birthday! Your photo of Gravy "helping" with the presens made me laugh.

Your photography is stunning.

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Thank you, thank you! Honestly, watching the dogs open presents is my favorite thing about Christmas!