Tuesday, September 18, 2012

patterns | at the bungalow

patterns | at the bungalow
Another photography project from my trip to the Jersey Shore: photographing the patterns around Dad's beach bungalow. I've always been attracted to bold graphics and often use repeating patterns in my own artwork. The patterns at the bungalow are forever ingrained in my mind - the blue striped awning, the seafoam green bathroom tiles (with butterfly decals over the chipped spots), the 50 year old floral sofa fabric, the black and gold pineapple TV tray, and the woven rainbow beach chairs - even taken out of context, the collection of these patterns sum up the very essence of my grandparents' summer home.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful! I love these posts, Rachel. Aside from being aesthetically pleasing, the Type A in me just loves the organization in the little boxes. :)

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Thanks, Sarah - I'm so glad someone else enjoys them. I was thinking that they aren't interesting to anyone else, but I have such fun composing and arranging collections and patterns that it has become a fun project for me. :)

Brandi said...

Rachel, this is such a brilliant little photography project -- and the end collage is gorgeous!