Me, rowing, age 17 (1996)
In honor of Friday the 13th - 13 strange-but-true facts about me:
1. I was a rower in high school.
2. I bite ice cream. (According my friends this is weird, disturbing, and makes their teeth hurt.
"Arrrghhhh! I can't watch!" According to my family this is normal. We all do it. CHOMP!)
3. I lose my lens cap at least 10 times a day.
4. I've never ridden a roller coaster. I've never been to an amusement park, either.
5. I take my right contact lens out with my right hand and my left contact lens out with my left hand.
6. I don't like abbreviations. I spell things out whenever possible. I'm being forced to change my
ways due to Twitter.
7. Number of cups of coffee I've consumed in my lifetime: 0. (I just don't like the taste.)
8. I also don't drink soda. (Again, I just don't like the taste.)
9. I only write with Pilot Precise V5 Extra Fine Rolling Ball Pens.
10. I don't like to touch human hair. (Exceptions: baby hair and Larry's hair.)
11. I used to do 1,000 sit-ups a day in high school. (Number I do now: 0)
12. I like the way my dogs smell. (Not their butts or their breath, just their slight musky smell.)13. When I microwave something, I always set the time for 33 seconds or 55 seconds instead of 30 seconds
or a minute. (I once read an article that listed this technique as a time saver, and while I know the fraction
of a second that this saves is ridiculous, I can't seem to stop doing it.)