Friday, November 4, 2011

holiday art markets


I'm excited to announce that Funnelcloud Studio will be at two holiday art markets this December!

Mark your calendars:

December 3 -  Charm City Craft Mafia's Holiday Heap (Baltimore, Maryland)
December 11 - Richmond Craft Mafia's Handmade Holiday (Richmond, Virginia)

I mentioned that I've been working around the clock in my studio lately and these shows are the reason why. Two holiday shows a week apart - oy! But I'm so excited for both of these - they're my biggest shows yet and will be a different set-up than the markets I did earlier this year, since they're indoor markets (yay - no wrestling with tents, weights, etc). On the downside, I have to figure out a way to display all my work on a single 6' table!

And yes, I realize after October's market, I had mixed feeling about doing any more this year, but that very night I applied to both of these markets (I honestly thought my chances at being accepted were slim!) and now I've got a full calendar for December!

So, if you're looking to give some handmade gifts this year, come check it out and stop by my table to say hi. (Do I have any readers in Baltimore or Richmond?) The Baltimore show is in an old church complete with stained glass and strung up with twinkle lights - I can't wait to see it!

Oh, and to further extend myself, I've signed up for two ornament swaps - The Very Berry Scrappy Ornament Swap and The Freshly Blended Holiday Ornament Swap (you can still sign up for this one through November 7th). In between all the art making and display building for the markets, I'll have to squeeze in some ornament making, too.

Ho Ho Ho, here we go!

3 comments:

Karin said...

So, I just sent an email to my sister-in-law and niece to see if they want to go with me to the craft fair in Richmond...they live in Charlottesville so it would be an easy drive over for an afternoon of shopping! :)

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

That's awesome, Karin - I'd love to see a familiar face in Richmond!

Unknown said...

Oh! I didn't realize Holiday Heap was coming up so soon. I'm from VA but consider Baltimore part of my stomping grounds. I definitely want to head up and do some Christmas shopping.