Wednesday, June 26, 2013

collections | oil & vinegar

oil & vinegar
Larry and I were cooking dinner the other night and I was rooting around in our pantry for a bottle of vinegar.
I think I just needed regular ol' cider vinegar for the recipe, but as I sorted through bottles of balsamic, raspberry, and rice vinegar, I realized we have a truly alarming collection of vinegar. Same goes for oil. 11 bottles of vinegar and 13 bottles of oil...who needs that?!
oil & vinegar
Oils | Peanut, Sesame, Toasted Sesame, Chile Olive, Hot Pepper Olive, Lemon Olive, Basil Olive, Extra Virgin Olive, Vegetable, Canola, Sunflower, Coconut

Vinegars | Balsamic, White Balsamic, Sherry, Red Wine, Raspberry Red Wine, White Wine, Rice, Pesto Rice, Apple Cider, and Distilled White (I use this one for weed killer.)
oil & vinegar
We certainly aren't connoisseurs of fine oil or vinegar - these are all available at the grocery store and were picked up for one recipe or another. (Except the white balsamic - no idea why I have that. It's been around a while and has never been opened.) 24 bottles take up a lot of cabinet space, so I think I need to make a swimming pool-sized vat of salad dressing, pronto!

2 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

That's quite the impressive collection!

Also? I just used distilled vinegar on my out-of-control weed yard for the first time yesterday, and that stuff WORKS. So much cheaper than weed killer!

Mrs. Pritting said...

I love how you have a bottle from Wegmans! I love Wegmans!